Adapted from Whole Foods Market recipes
This delicious main-course vegetarian recipe is destined to become a favorite for family and feasts alike. For killer veggie burgers, serve any leftover slices on toasted whole wheat buns with lettuce and spicy mustard.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch loaf pan with oil; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown; 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put beans, oats and 1/2 cup water into a food processor and pulse until almost smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, bean mixture, quinoa, peas, parsley, tomatoes, onion, salt and pepper.
- Transfer mixture to prepared loaf pan, gently pressing down and mounding it in the middle.
- Bake until firm and golden brown, 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Set aside to let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition per serving:
170 calories (35 from fat)
4g total fat
0g saturated fat
28g total carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 4g sugar),
*NOW items available at your local health food store