This healthy recipe is from Prevention Guide: Outsmart Diabetes Cookbook
|12 oz penne pasta |
|¼ c pitted kalamata olives |
|1 salmon fillet (1/2 lb), skinned |
|2 Tbsp lemon juice |
|1 Tbsp olive oil |
|2 tsp dried thyme, crushed |
|1/4 tsp freshly ground black or red pepper |
|1 yellow summer squash, halved and cut into ¼” slices |
|1 red bell pepper, cut into strips |
|1/4 cup chicken broth |
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare pasta per package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the leeks and bell pepper and put into a 13” X 9” baking dish, then add the broth, lemon juice, 1/2 or 2/3 Tbsp oil, thyme, and pepper; cover with foil, and bake 15 minutes.
- Add squash, olives, and salmon to the baking dish, and drizzle with the remaining 1/2 or 1/3 Tbsp oil, then cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until salmon is opaque, and the vegetables are tender.
- Place the penne in a large serving bowl.
- Break the salmon into bite-size pieces, and add to the penne with the vegetables.