Republished with permission from Natural Health and Alternative Medicine Newsletter, Issue #235, February 20-21, 2004, NaturalHealthWeb.com
|1 1/2 pounds medium-sized shrimp |
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese |
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley |
|1/8 teaspoon pepper |
|Dash of hot sauce |
|3/4 pound crabmeat |
|1 cup cooked rice |
|1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese |
|8 medium-sized bell peppers |
|1 teaspoon butter |
|1/2 cup chopped green onions |
|1/3 cup chopped celery |
|1 clove garlic, minced |
- If not already cooked, boil shrimp in water for 3-5 minutes; rinse with cold water and peel and de-vein.
- Coarsely chop shrimp and set aside.
- Cut the tops off of peppers and discard; remove the seeds and inner membrane and discard.
- Heat enough water to cover peppers to boiling.
- Add peppers to boiling water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain peppers upside down and set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot, then spray with nonstick cooking spray and add butter.
- When butter is melted, add green onions, celery and garlic and saute until tender; about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add shrimp, crabmeat and remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon shrimp mixture evenly into each pepper.
- Place peppers into a large baking dish and add 1 inch water.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrients per serving (1 stuffed pepper):
Total fat: 4 grams
Saturated fat: 1 gram
Cholesterol: 142 mg
Sodium: 323 mg
Carbohydrate: 15 grams
Protein: 23 grams
Dietary fiber: 3 grams