Adapted from the Almond Board of California
The delectable flavor of baked salmon marinated with sweet maple dressing makes this dish taste wonderful. The almonds are a great source of fiber and magnesium, while the salmon provides an excellent dose of healthy, omega-3 fats.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF (220ºC).
- Line an 8-inch (20 x 20 cm) square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place the four salmon fillets in pan leaving 1/2 inch (1 cm) between pieces.
- Chop the almonds by hand or use a hand held blender (it only takes a few seconds with a hand held blender).
- Distribute the chopped almonds evenly on top of the fillets.
- In a small bowl, mix together the maple syrup, orange juice, lemon juice, soy sauce and crushed garlic.
- Use a spoon to gently baste the marinade over top of each fillet.
- Bake salmon for about 15 to 20 minutes or until fish is just done.
- While the fish is baking, baste top with marinade at least once or twice.
- When removing fish from the pan, leave the leftover marinade behind and discard.
- Serve the fish with brown rice and a green salad or vegetables.
*NOW items available at your local health food store