Adapted from Woman’s Day magazine, February 12, 2008
This one-pot entrée takes only 30 minutes to prepare.
|2 Tsp Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1/4 tsp. salt |
|4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, each cut into 3 pieces |
|1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chicken broth |
|1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion |
|1 lb. cubed fresh butternut squash |
|1/2 cup raisins |
|2 tsp. ground cumin |
|1 tsp. cinnamon |
|1 tsp. paprika |
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous*|
|1 cup frozen peas |
- Heat oil in large, deep skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and cook 5 minutes, turning once, until browned.
- Add broth, tomatoes, squash, raisins, cumin, cinnamon, and paprika.
- Bring to boil; cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Stir in couscous and peas and bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove skillet from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
5g fat (1g sat. fat)
45 mg. cholesterol
752 mg. sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store