Adapted from the Vermont Maple Festival Cookbook, St. Albans, Vermont, 2005
If you would like more maple recipes, click here to obtain an order form for the complete cookbook: Vermont Maple Festival
This is great served as a hot entrée or cold with a cold rice salad.
|4 chicken breasts |
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour |
|Salt and ground black pepper |
|2 Tablespoons butter |
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Maple Syrup*|
|1 Tablespoon savory, dried |
|1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried |
|1/4 teaspoon sage, dried |
|1 medium onion, sliced |
|1/2 cup water |
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour seasoned with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a heavy, flameproof casserole dish, heat butter until bubbling and brown chicken pieces.
- Pour maple syrup over chicken.
- Sprinkle with savory, thyme, and sage.
- Arrange onion slices on top of chicken pieces.
- Pour water into the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered in 350 degrees oven for 50 to 60 minutes or until tender, basting occasionally with pan juices.
*NOW items available at your local health food store