The following recipes is from Marcia Zimmerman’s book, "Eat Your Colors"
. This book will give you some ideas about foods that are best for each of three body types identified by color - red, yellow or green - and how to use herbs, spices, sauces and condiments to balance off-colors. Visit Marcia’s website for more healthy recipes: www.marciazimmerman.com
This is a delicious recipe that will work for all three body type colors.
|¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes |
|¼ teaspoon ground black pepper |
|½ cup milk |
|1-½ pounds ground turkey |
|1 cup quick or old fashioned, uncooked rolled oats* |
|1 teaspoon garlic powder |
|1 teaspoon dried oregano |
|¼ teaspoon salt (optional; adds 72 mg sodium) |
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Soften tomatoes according to package directions; coarsely chop and set aside.
- In small skillet, cook spinach and onion over low heat 4 - 5 minutes or until onion is tender, then remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in cheese; set aside
- In large bowl, combine turkey, oats, garlic powder, oregano, salt, if desired, pepper, milk and sun-dried tomatoes; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape 2/3 of turkey mixture into a 9x6 inch loaf in a 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Make a deep indentation down center of turkey mixture, leaving about 1-½ inches around edges of loaf; fill with spinach mixture.
- Top with remaining turkey mixture to completely cover spinach filling; pinch edges to seal.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until juices run clear when pierced with fork.
- Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
*NOW items available at your local health food store