Adapted from Tastebook website
Makes 6 servings
|3 1/2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, patted dry |
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper |
|3 tablespoons unsalted butter |
|1 1/2 pounds dried pasta, preferably bucatini or linguine |
|2 teaspoons crumbled dried rosemary |
|1/2 cup dried currants or raisins |
|2/3 cup NOW Certified Organic Pine Nuts*|
|3 tablespoons chopped parsley |
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Arrange thighs in a large roasting pan, preferably nonstick.
- Thickly sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika, and dot with butter.
- Bake until just cooked through and skin is crisp (if oven has a convection feature, use it), about 35 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- When chicken is done, let cool slightly, then pull meat and skin from bones, making bite-size pieces.
- Reserve meat and skin in roasting pan; discard bones.
- Meanwhile, add pasta to boiling water and cook just until tender but not mushy.
- Reserving 1 cup cooking water, drain pasta and add to roasting pan with chicken meat and skin.
- Add 1/2 cup pasta cooking water to roasting pan on stovetop and turn heat to low.
- Add rosemary, currants and pine nuts to roasting pan and toss, adding more salt and black pepper to taste, and more cooking water if mixture seems dry.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.