Adapted from www.food.com
Walnuts score highest of all nuts in the omega-3s that protect against heart disease. And their stores of fiber and unsaturated fat can help you lower "bad" LDL cholesterol naturally.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine bread, walnuts, and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.
- Process until fine bread crumbs form. Transfer to a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, beat egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Dip each breast into egg white, letting excess drip off, and then into crumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- In large nonstick ovenproof skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until lightly browned, 1-3 minutes. Carefully turn chicken over and put skillet in oven.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, 8-12 minutes.
- Serve chicken with lemon slices and a salad.
Per serving: 337 calories
15.3g total fat (2.4g sat. fat)
1.6g dietary fiber
*NOW items available at your local health food store