Adapted from Vegetarian Times, October, 2007
This recipe proves that you don’t need eggs or dairy to make a yummy dessert.
Makes 18 cakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line 18 muffin tin cups with paper cupcake liners.
- Whisk together flours, Sucanat, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine applesauce, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold applesauce mixture into flour mixture with spatula or wooden spoon.
- Stir in soymilk and bananas.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Fill prepared muffin tins 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes, then unmold onto wire rack to cool.
Protein: 2 g
Total Fat: 11 g
Carbohydrate: 34 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 79 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 18 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store