Adapted from The Whole Foods Market Cookbook
This kid-friendly recipe requires no baking.
- Before measuring the peanut butter, stir it up well.
- Mix the peanut butter, honey, and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Stir in the raisins and 1/8 cup of the coconut.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place the remaining coconut, sesame seeds and nuts into three separate bowls.
- Using a spoon, scoop small heaps of the peanut butter mixture from the bowl; roll into 1 ¼ inch balls. Rolling is easier if you form a rough ball, roll in the coconut, sesame seeds or walnuts, and then continue rolling into a more perfect shape.
- Roll each finished ball in more coconut, sesame seeds or chopped nuts.
- Arrange the balls on a plate, cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Nutritional Facts (per ball):
Total Fat: 15 g
Dietary Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 5 g
Carbohydrate: 18 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 85 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store