Adapted from www.HealthyHighways.com, The Good Breakfast Book, by David & Nikki Goldbeck.
A Goldbeck favorite. Stays soft and moist for several days.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Bring orange juice to boil, pour over oats and let stand while assembling remaining ingredients.
- Beat together oil, honey and egg until light and foamy.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, milk powder, orange rind, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry mixture alternately with softened oats to egg mixture, beating gently until smooth.
- Pour into an oiled 10-inch round baking pan and bake 20 minutes.
- Combine topping ingredients, sprinkle over cake, and bake 10 minutes longer, until cake tests done.
*NOW items available at your local health food store