From Betty Richard
CAUTION: You can't eat just one--they are too yummy!
Yields about 18 muffins
|1 cup unbleached flour |
|1 cup whole wheat or multi-grain flour |
|1/2 cup honey |
|3 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder |
|1/2 tsp. salt |
|6 oz. chopped or cut up dried, unsulphured apricots |
|2 large eggs |
|1/2 cup organic safflower or canola oil (or use “Betty’s Better Butter” – see recipe in Desserts category) |
|1/3 cup buttermilk (can substitute milk with a tsp. of cider vinegar) |
|2 to 3 tsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice |
|1-1/2 cups grated carrots |
|3/4 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Pecans*|
- Mix well the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix honey, oil, eggs, milk and lemon juice.
- Combine dry and wet mixtures.
- Sprinkle a little flour over nuts and apricots, and then add to the above mixture, along with the carrots. Try not to over mix or the muffins will be tough.
- Put batter into oiled muffin pans.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near their centers comes out clean. (I allowed time and temperature in using honey instead of sugar).
*NOW items available at your local health food store