Adapted from Taste for Life magazine, January, 2006
This chewy, flavorful cookie is infused with orange and studded with oats, cranberries, and crunchy pecans.
Makes 13 big cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl, cream the butter and orange zest until fluffy.
- Beat in the sugar until fluffy again, then beat in the maple syrup.
- Add the egg and beat until well mixed.
- In a medium bowl, stir the remaining ingredients.
- Add the butter mixture until well combined.
- Use a ¼ cup measure to scoop the dough, roll it into balls, and place on parchment-lined pans, at least 3 inches apart. A standard baking sheet should hold five cookies.
- Bake for 6 minutes, reverse the position of the pans, and bake for 5 minutes more.
- Cool for 10 minutes on the pans, then transfer to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
*NOW items available at your local health food store