Makes about 3 dozen
|1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour |
|1/2 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda |
|1/2 cup natural granulated sugar or NOW Real Food® Sucanat™*|
|1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder |
|2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds |
|2 tablespoons safflower oil |
|1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips |
|1/2 cup quick-cooking oats |
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the first 6 (dry) ingredient in a mixing bowl plus the optional flaxseeds and stir together.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the applesauce and oil.
- Stir together until the wet and dry ingredients are completely mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
- Drop the batter onto lightly oiled baking sheets in slightly rounded tablespoonfuls.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the bottoms are just lightly browned.
- Let stand for a minute or two, then carefully remove with a spatula to plates to cool.
*NOW items available at your local health food store