This recipe was contributed by Nick Rana, of NOW Quality Assurance.
Makes 36 bars
|2 Tbsp. milk |
|2 beaten eggs |
|1 Tbsp. finely shredded orange peel |
|1 tsp. vanilla |
|1 cup chopped cranberries |
|½ cup NOW Real Food® Shredded Coconut*|
|2 Tbsp. unbleached flour |
| 2 Tbsp. sugar |
| 1 cup unbleached flour |
|1/3 cup margarine or butter |
|1/2 cup finely chopped NOW Real Food® Pecans*|
|3/4 cup honey |
- In mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour and 2 Tbsp. sugar.
- With pastry cutter, cut margarine into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in ½ cup pecans.
- Press flour mixture into bottom of ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Bake in 350-degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine ¾ cup honey, 2 Tbsp. flour, eggs, milk orange peel, and vanilla.
- Fold in cranberries, coconut, and the remaining chopped pecans.
- Spread over partially baked crust.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until top is golden.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into bars while warm.
- Cool completely.
*NOW items available at your local health food store