Republished with permission from Natural Health and Alternative Medicine Newsletter, Issue #234, February 13-14, 2004, NaturalHealthWeb.com
Makes 12 Servings
|1/2 cup reduced fat margarine, softened |
|1 cup whole wheat flour |
|2 teaspoons baking powder |
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon |
|1/2 teaspoon salt |
|1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg |
|1/2 teaspoon ginger |
|1 cup all-purpose flour |
|1/2 cup egg substitute |
|2 cups finely grated carrots |
|1/2 cup raisins |
|1/3 cup chopped nuts |
|1/4 cup orange juice |
|2 teaspoons vanilla |
|1 cup honey |
- Cream margarine in large bowl.
- Gradually beat in honey using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg substitute, a little at a time,beating continuously.
- Combine carrots, raisins, nuts, orange juice and vanilla in a medium bowl.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Gradually alternate adding dry ingredients and carrot mixture to creamed mixture.
- Pour batter into a 13x9x2-inch pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
Nutrients per serving (1 piece):
Total fat: 4 g
Saturated fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 392 mg
Carbohydrate: 47 g
Protein: 4 g
Dietary fiber: 3 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store