|16 ounces nonfat cottage cheese |
|6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate |
|1 teaspoon NOW Real Food® Vanilla Extract*|
|1 teaspoon lemon extract |
|4 stiffly beaten egg whites |
|Nutty Pie Crust: |
|1 cup Grape-Nuts cereal |
|1-2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate |
|1 cup nonfat milk |
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with olive oil pan spray.
- Sprinkle Grape-Nuts into pan and moisten with apple juice concentrate.
- Press against sides and bottom of pie plate, 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- In separate bowl, combine cottage cheese, milk, orange juice concentrate, and vanilla and lemon extract.
- Fold the mixture into the egg whites.
- Pour into pie plate over nutty piecrust and bake for one hour.
- Serve warm or chilled.
*NOW items available at your local health food store