Adapted from Primally Inspired website
This lemon bread tastes delightfully lemony and delicious, and is loaded with wholesome, real food ingredients (no artificial ingredients, refined sugars or flour).
Makes 1 loaf
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine all the lemon bread ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour into a greased bread pan and bake for 32-45 minutes (mine was perfect at the 35 minute mark, but it may take up to 45 minutes) or until golden on top and middle is cooked through.
- If the top starts to get too brown towards the end of the cooking time, put some foil over the top.
- Let cool.
To make the lemon glaze:
- While the lemon loaf is cooking, mix all glaze ingredients together in a small pot over low heat until it starts to simmer.
- Remove from heat and let sit to cool until the lemon loaf is finished cooking and cooling.
- Pour the glaze all over the top of the loaf.
- Refrigerate the loaf at least 30 minutes – 1 hour until both the glaze and the loaf firms up a bit. Enjoy! Store leftovers refrigerator.
Note: If you do not feel like making the glaze, you can skip this step (although, I highly recommend taking the few extra minutes and making it – that glaze is soooooo good!). You just need to add the following glaze ingredients directly to the lemon bread mix: honey, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla.