Adapted from Whole Grain Gourmet website
The fiber, protein, and omega 3 in this recipe make it a healthy, delicious snack to enjoy anytime.
Makes 16 servings
*NOW items available at your local health food store
- In a large bowl, mix together the crispy brown rice cereal and rolled oats.
- Set aside.
- In a large pan, stir together the peanut butter, almond butter, and brown rice syrup over a low heat until the mixture is warm (not hot!) and thoroughly combined. This process should take about 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Add the warm syrup mixture to the bowl of crispy rice cereal.
- Stir well until the rice crispies are evenly coated with the syrup mixture.
- Now add in the flaxseed, cranberries, raisins, and dark chocolate chips. Make sure the rice crispy mixture is not too hot before adding in the chocolate, or else the chocolate will melt.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch pan. Add the rice crispy treats to the pan, pressing down evenly.
- Cool for a few minutes and then cut into 16 squares.