Adapted from AllRecipes website
Recipe Review: “These cookies are great, and very easy to make. The batch I made is all gone, and I’m going to make them again, soon!” ~ Lynn R.
Makes 18 cookies
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Pulse the walnuts in a food processor several times to chop; continue processing until the walnuts are ground into flour; transfer to a bowl.
- Mix in the rolled oats, whole wheat flour, flax meal, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.
- Combine the almond butter, canola oil, agave nectar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in the food processor and process a few seconds to blend the ingredients well; transfer the almond butter mixture to a large bowl and fold in the dried cherries and chocolate chips.
- Mix the walnut-oatmeal mixture into the almond butter mixture (dough will be very thick).
- Scoop up heaping teaspoons of dough, and form into balls; lay the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and flatten the cookies with a spatula.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.