Adapted from: www.coconutandquinoa.com
Makes 4-6 servings
- Place chia seeds in a medium size mixing bowl and set aside.
- Strain cashews and rinse well.
- Place cashews in an upright blender add 4 cups of filtered water, dates, salt, cinnamon, coconut butter and vanilla extract.
- Remove seeds from vanilla bean (if using) and add to the blender; place vanilla bean pod in bowl with chia seeds.
- Blend on high speed for 2 minutes and pour into bowl with chia seeds and vanilla bean pod, whisk well.
- Let mixture sit for 10 to 15 minutes, whisking every few minutes to prevent chia seeds from clumping; pudding will thicken fast.
- Place in the fridge and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge, whisk. Serve chilled topped with berries.
- Store covered in a glass container in the fridge; pudding will keep for up to 5 days.
*NOW items available at your local health food store