Adapted from NaturalNews.com, April 16, 2011
This cake is sure to please -- it is completely free of all sugar and grains, yet it tastes just like the coffee cake you might buy at your local coffee house. Simple to throw together, it is delicious and healthy!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line an 8X8 pan with parchment paper, oiling the pan and paper lightly; set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Whisk together wet ingredients.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Once butter and xylitol are melted, add 1-2 tablespoons organic heavy cream.
- Mix well and add 2 tablespoons chopped pecans.
- Spoon cinnamon mixture over cake batter and swirl it in with a knife.
- Next combine the following in a coffee grinder: 2 tablespoons each of whole flaxseed, xylitol, pecans, organic cinnamon, and a dash of sea salt, then grind until powdery.
- Sprinkle over top of cake.
- Cut 2 tablespoons of chilled organic butter into cubes.
- Sprinkle over cake with 2 tablespoons of chopped pecans.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
*NOW items available at your local health food store