Adapted from Whole Foods Market recipes
Toasting the oats adds great flavor to these simple oat cookies, sweetened with maple syrup and flavored with warm spices.
Makes about 30 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place oats in a medium saucepan and toast over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until oats are slightly golden and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together oil, maple syrup and vanilla until combined.
- Add maple mixture to oat mixture and stir to combine completely; the dough should still be warm.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Gently flatten dough with wet fingers and bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack, then store them in an airtight container.
80 calories (35 from fat)
4g total fat
0g saturated fat
10g total carbohydrate (1g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store