Adapted from “Clean Eating” magazine
Makes 16 cookies
- Preheat oven to 350° F and lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together agave, egg white, almond butter and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients all at once and combine.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter equally into 16 mounds (about 1 rounded tbsp in size) and arrange evenly spaced on prepared baking sheets.
- Using the back of a slightly dampened spoon, flatten each mound into 2 1/2-inch circles.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until golden.
- Cool on sheets for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely.
- Stored in an airtight container, cookies will keep fresh for 2 to 3 days.
Per 2 cookies:
Total Fat: 3.5 g
Sat. Fat: 1 g
Carbs: 35 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 18 g
Protein: 3 g
Sodium: 75 mg
Cholesterol: 0 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store