Created by the NOW® Culinary Innovation Team
Sweet and nutty flavors mingle perfectly in this heart-healthy side dish.
Makes 4 servings
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Place quinoa in a fine-mesh strainer; rinse under cold running water 3 minutes.
- In medium saucepan toast quinoa for 1 minute on high heat
- Add Salt, Mangoni Juice, Water, Dried Apricots, and Goldenberries.
- Heat until the mixture has reached a boil
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Place Quinoa in a separate bowl and add Cumin.
- Add toasted pecans, green onions, and cilantro.
- Stir in Oil to finish and serve.
Calories from Fat: 60
Total Fat: 7g
Saturated Fat: 1/2 g
Total Carbohydrate: 40g
Dietary Fiber: 3g