Quinoa is considered the super grain of the future. It is high in protein, fiber, iron, and rich with magnesium - and absolutely delicious!
Cooks’ Reviews: “Even my children, who are very picky eaters, loved this. They ate the mixture on a hot dog bun instead of in the peppers.” ~ Dawn S.
“This was a big hit with my husband and a dinner guest.” ~ Donna D.
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
- In a medium sauté pan, add 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Add garlic, ginger, mushrooms, and onions with ½ tsp of soy sauce.
- Cook for 4 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add ¼ cup of water and cook on medium heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- In a separate medium sauté pan, add 1 tsp coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add ground meat, ½ tsp of soy sauce, and ½ tsp black pepper and sauté for 10 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Combine the meat mixture with the vegetable mixture and quinoa.
- Fill peppers with combined meat mixture.
- Top with 1 tbsp of shredded Swiss cheese per pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!