As heard on WGN-AM Radio
Created by the NOW® Culinary Innovation Team
*****How to Pop Popcorn: Heat two tablespoons of NOW Real Food™ Virgin Coconut Oil in a large frying pan. Add desired amount of popcorn kernels once oil is hot. Cover. Shake pan occasionally until kernels are popped.*****
1) Preheat oven to 325F.
2) Place saucepan on medium heat and add the rest of the coconut oil until melted.
3) Stir in Agave Nectar, Sucanot, Stevia Powder, Sea Salt, and Vanilla until the sucanot dissolves fully.
4) Once dissolved, take off of heat and add baking soda to the mixture until fully incorporated.
5) In a large bowl place popped popcorn. While continuously stirring, slowly mix in the caramel liquid until the popcorn is lightly coated.
6) Line baking sheet with parchment paper and add caramel popcorn onto sheet.
7) Place in oven for 30 minutes, mix the Carmel Popcorn halfway through (15 minutes).
8) Remove from oven and allow for mixture to cool before serving.