Adapted from Food.com
You can vary this healthy, tasty recipe by using dates instead of raisins or pecans instead of walnuts.
Makes 15 muffines
- Mix together flax seed, oat bran, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Stir in carrots, apples, raisins, and nuts.
- Combine milk, eggs, vanilla.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry.
- Stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
Calories from Fat: 79
Total Fat: 8.7 g
Saturated Fat: 1.4 g
Cholesterol: 29.9 mg
Sodium: 359.1 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 27.4 g
Dietary Fibe:r 5.4 g
Sugars: 10.1 g
Protein: 6.4 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store