Adapted from: www.coconutandquinoa.com
Makes 14 muffins
- Place the oranges in a medium-sized saucepan and cover with plenty of filtered water.
- Bring to boil over high heat, cover, lower heat and simmer for 50 to 60 minutes or until oranges are very soft, then remove from heat, drain and cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a muffin tray with cup cake liners, or generously brush with olive oil.
- Cut oranges in quarters and remove any seeds.
- Freeze 6 orange quarters in a container to use another time.
- Roughly chop remaining oranges and place in food processor or blender.
- Add olive oil, maple syrup, almond milk, vinegar, vanilla and sea salt, blend until smooth and set aside.
- Sift sprouted whole wheat flour, baking powder and baking soda into bowl and mix well to combine with almond flour.
- Pour in the blended orange mixture and stir until almost combined.
- Add 1 ¼ cups of the raspberries and gently fold into batter.
- Spoon into lined muffin cups and press the remaining raspberries into the tops of the muffins.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. It helps to rotate the tray half-way through baking.
**If you can’t find sprouted whole wheat flour, whole wheat pastry flour or whole spelt flour will work just as well. Just check the muffins earlier (at 20-25 minutes), as sprouted flour is moister than regular flour.
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store