From Flax Healthy Recipes website, www.dakotaflax.com/recipes.html
Yields 18 biscuits
|2 tbsp. brown sugar |
|2 cups all purpose flour |
|4 tsp. baking powder |
|½ tsp. salt |
|½ cup shortening |
|1/4 cup ground NOW Real Food® Organic Golden Flax Seeds*|
|1 cup grated carrot |
|2 tsp. salt-free seasoning |
|1 egg, beaten |
|2/3 cup milk, 2% |
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in flax, carrot and seasoning.
- Combine egg and milk; add to the flour mixture all at once.
- Stir until dough forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead gently 20 times.
- Roll dough to a ¾ inch thickness.
- Cut straight down with a 2 inch floured cookie cutter.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until golden brown.
*NOW items available at your local health food store