From Puresource employee Sylvia Finlay
This bread is very moist and delicious.
Makes 1 loaf
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix together boiling water, orange juice, chopped dates and Xylitol.
- Set aside until cooled to room temperature.
- Sift together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Cream coconut oil, add egg and beat well.
- Stir in date mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and stir batter until moistened.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 55-65 minutes.
- Cool in bread pan for 10 minutes; remove and cool completely before slicing.
*NOW items available at your local health food store