You may substitute other dried fruits, such as cherries, currants or goji berries for the raisins, dates, or apricots in this hearty, high-fiber breakfast recipe.
- Bring water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add rinsed buckwheat and millet, plus oats, apple, almonds, dried fruit of your choice, cinnamon, cardamom, and salt, then stir.
- When simmering, cover and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 15 minutes, then turn off heat and let the pot sit, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in ground flaxseed and serve, topped with milk or yogurt, if desired.
9g Total Fat
1g Saturated Fat
*NOW items available at your local health food store