Adapted from Prevention Magazine
Makes 12 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oat bran, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, brown sugar, egg, oil, and vanilla extract.
- Stir into the flour mixture just until blended.
- Stir in the pineapple, currants or raisins, carrots, and walnuts.
- Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove from the rack to cool completely.
4.6 g Total Fat
0.5 g Saturated Fat
18 mg Cholesterol
176.4 mg Sodium
16.5 g 27.7 Carbohydrates
2.1 g Dietary Fiber
4 g Protein
*NOW items available at your local health food store