|2 1/2 cups flour |
|2 Tbsp. soymilk |
|1/2 tsp. salt |
|1/8 tsp. ground cloves |
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Sucanat™*|
|1/4 cup margarine (trans-fat free) |
|1/4 cup Spectrun shortening (trans-fat free) |
|1 1/2 cups mashed sweet potatoes |
|2 tsp. baking powder |
|1/8 tsp. allspice |
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Sift together in a large bowl: flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- Stir in the sugar.
- Cut in the margarine and shortening until the mixture is crumbly. You can do this with a pastry cutter, in the food processor, or with your fingers by rubbing the flour mixture and the margarine/shortening together.
- Stir in the potatoes and knead just until it holds together.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead for another minute adding flour if necessary.
- Pat the dough into a flat 1/2-inch circle and lest rest, covered with a towel, for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut biscuits using a round cutter or glass turned upside down and floured so it doesn't stick.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet about 1 inch apart and brush with soymilk.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
*NOW items available at your local health food store