Adapted from allrecipes website
A quick and easy vegan biscuit recipe that uses healthy coconut oil.
Makes 12 biscuits
*NOW items available at your local health food store
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Mix flour, baking powder, stevia powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in coconut oil with a pastry cutter or knife until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in almond milk until dough is just moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface; knead gently 8 to 10 times.
- Pat or roll the dough out into a 3/4 inch thick round.
- Cut circles with a 2 1/2-inch biscuit cutter and arrange biscuits on a baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
Total Fat: 5.1 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 321 mg
Carbohydrates: 13.5 g
Fiber: 1.6 g
Protein: 2.1 g