Adapted from Clean Eating magazine, November 15, 2010
This low-fat, quick bread is a perfect pick-me-up or after school snack. Add protein - and even richer flavor - with a dollop of natural, unsalted peanut or almond butter.
Makes 12 servings (1/2 inch per slice)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray an 8 x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, carrots, currants, sucanat, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt; mix well.
- Make a well in the center and add whole egg, egg white, oil and 3/4 cup water.
- Stir until flour is completely incorporated and batter is moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine juice, agave nectar and vanilla for the glaze.
- Pour glaze over top of carrot bread and serve.
Nutrients per serving:
Total Fat: 3 g
Sat. Fat: 0.5 g
Carbs: 26 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 13 g
Protein: 3 g
Sodium: 220 mg
Cholesterol: 15 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store