Adapted from www.epicurious.com
Makes 12 muffins
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups or line with paper muffin cups.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk milk, butter, egg whites and vanilla to blend in medium bowl.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Mix in bananas and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- Sprinkle remaining pecans over each muffin.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into centers of muffins comes out clean; about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to rack to cool.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
*NOW items available at your local health food store