Adapted from Delicious Living Magazine
This gluten-free recipe has a fantastic texture and zippy ginger taste. Make-ahead tip: The uncooked batter keeps in the refrigerator for several days, so you can make fresh, hot muffins any time. Ingredient tip: Turbinado sugar is similar to brown sugar but with a coarser texture.
Makes 2 loaves or about 16 muffins
- Preheat oven to 350˚.
- In an electric mixer with paddle or in a large mixing bowl, combine oil, eggs, banana, carrot, sugar, and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine rice flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and ginger.
- Add dry mixture to egg mixture and continue mixing until fully combined.
- Lightly grease two 8 ½ x 4 ½ x 2 ½–inch loaf pans or about 16 muffin cups.
- For loaves, fill 2/3 of each pan with batter; for muffins, scoop about 1/3 cup batter into each cup.
- Bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean; 25–30 minutes for muffins, or 40–45 minutes for loaves.
Per Serving (1 muffin):
230 calories (60% fat calories)
16 g fat
2 g saturated fat
66 mg cholesterol
3 g protein
21 g carbohydrate
1 g fiber
90 mg sodium
*NOW items available from your local health food store