Makes 8 servings
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook in the hot oil until golden brown around the edges, but still pink in the center, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, and cook for about 3 minutes more.
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar, bring it to a simmer, and allow it to reduce for a few minutes.
- Cut half of the apricots in half, leaving the others whole.
- Place the apricots into the skillet, and pour in the chicken stock.
- Bring to a simmer; then stir in the apricot preserves, red pepper, cashews and thyme.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the apricots have softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Add Tapioca flour to thicken if too thin.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.