Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine
Cool and creamy overnight oats layered with frosty fruit purée is kind of like eating ice cream for breakfast, but with a lot less guilt.
Makes 3 sundaes
*NOW items available at your local health food store
- In a medium bowl, whisk oats, coconut and flaxseeds.
- Add yogurt, milk, maple syrup and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight (8 to 16 hours).
- Meanwhile, in a small container, combine banana and blueberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (8 hours minimum). .
- In a food processor or blender, blend banana-blueberry mixture, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl, until smooth and creamy.
- In small bowls or clear glasses, layer oatmeal mixture and banana-blueberry mixture, dividing evenly.
Total Fats: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 1 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 67 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 38 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g
Protein 10 g
Sugars: 15 g