Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine, February 24, 2011
A combination of low-fat milk and arrowroot powder give this banana pudding such a rich texture your family won't believe it's completely devoid of cream!
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup milk and arrowroot powder until smooth; set aside.
- In a blender, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups milk, 1 banana, Sucanat™, vanilla, and stevia, then process until smooth.
- Pour banana mixture into a small saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a simmer on medium-low heat.
- Remove saucepan from heat and slowly whisk in arrowroot mixture.
- Return to medium-low and cook for about 1 minute, whisking constantly, until mixture bubbles and thickens.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Slice remaining banana and gently stir into pudding.
- Pour warm pudding into large bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving. Pudding is best within 24 hours.
Nutrients per 2/3-cup serving:
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Sat. Fat: 1 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 0.5 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.25 g
Carbs: 26 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Sugars: 13 g
Protein: 5 g
Sodium: 66 mg
Cholesterol: 7 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store