Adapted from “Everyday Food”, July/August 2010
- Cook beets on sheet in middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Flip potatoes and sprinkle with walnuts.
- Cook until walnuts are toasted, potatoes are golden, and beets are tender when pierced with a knife, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Toss beets with potatoes, walnuts and chives and season to taste with red wine vinegar.
- To store, cover and keep at room temperature, up to 3 hours.
11.3 g fat (1.3 g saturated fat)
5.1 g protein
28.5 g carbohydrate
5.3 g fiber
*NOW items available at your local health food store