Adapted from “Sweeten Your Life the Xylitol Way” recipe book
Makes 12 servings
|6 cups thinly sliced apples |
|1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats |
|¼ cup spelt flour or whole wheat pastry flour |
|1/2 tsp. cinnamon |
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Xylitol*|
|1/4 tsp. maple flavoring |
|6 Tbsp. unsalted butter |
|1/4 cup chopped NOW Real Food® Raw Pecans*|
- Place apple slices in a buttered 9” square baking pan.
- Combine rolled oats, flour, cinnamon, xylitol, maple flavoring and pecans.
- Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly, and spoon over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until apples can be easily pierced with a knife and topping is golden brown.
- Do not allow topping to darken; this will result in a bitter taste.
Fat: 8 g
Carbohydrate: 24.5 g
Fiber: 3.3 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store