Dry skin can easily develop a pallid tone, wrinkles, visible pores and fine lines. It is also considerably prone to aging and irritation. It might still look great on a young person, but, to keep it healthy, you should apply thorough care and use regular treatment with natural masks and moisturizers.
• Does not produce enough oil
• Alipidic, which means lacking oil and/or lipids
• Very small pores, minimal sebum production
• Needs to stimulate oil production
• Easier to see fine lines and wrinkles, due to dryness
• Dark skin can look ashy and dull due to dead cell build-up
• Feels tight after cleansing
Caring for Dry Skin: Dry skin requires extra care because it lacks the normal protection that it would receive from natural oils in the skin. Use occlusive (moisture sealing and emollient) products to protect the skin’s top barrier layer and hold in moisture. Also, be sure to drink plenty of water to help provide a natural source of moisture.