Apricot Snack Bars
Adapted from the California Apricot Advisory Board
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Sesame Seeds*|
|3/4 cup butter, softened|
|1 cup packed light brown sugar|
|1 cup unsifted all-purpose flour|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Quick-Cooking Rolled Oats*|
|1 cup finely chopped NOW Real Food® Unsweetened Dried Apricots*|
|1/2 cup seedless raisins|
- To toast sesame seeds, spread them in a shallow pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until golden. Remove from oven; cool.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and egg until light and fluffy.
- Stir flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon into butter mixture until well-mixed.
- Add oats, apricots, toasted sesame seeds and raisins; mix well. Mixture will be thick.
- Spread evenly in a greased 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Cut into 24 bars.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe