Betty's Better Butter
From Betty Richard
This butter can be used in recipes calling for butter or margarine. It works well and avoids having to use margarine, which is a very unhealthy product. It really tastes good. You can't tell it is actually your own homemade "margarine", minus all the bad stuff put into the store-bought margarine.
|1 cup mild-tasting organic oil, such as canola or safflower|
- Allow one pound of butter to reach room temperature and become soft; using butter that is divided into four sticks is easier.
- Put one cup of organic oil into a blender.
- Add one stick of soft butter at a time, blending very well.
- Pour into small containers that you can put on your table when you are serving a meal.
- Cover and store in the freezer, taking out one container at a time and keeping in the refrigerator, just as you would a stick of butter.