Barbecued Chicken Breasts
From Betty Richard
All ingredients should be organic if possible, and the chicken breasts from farms that are free-range. You will notice the difference!
|4 chicken breasts|
|1/3 to 1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1/4 cup chopped onion|
|1 Tablespoon vinegar|
|1/2 teaspoon chili powder|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Maple Syrup*|
|1/4 cup water|
|1 Tablespoon Worcestershire|
|Add salt, to taste|
- Lightly brown four chicken breasts (take skin off first) in 1/3 to 1/2 cup olive oil*. Sprinkling with paprika first helps browning.
- Put the lightly browned chicken in a flat baking dish and pour any leftover olive oil over it.
- Pour sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Bake covered at 400 degrees for 1/2 hour.
- Uncover and bake 10 minutes more, checking to make sure the sauce doesn't dry out; if so, add a small amount of water.
*NOW items available at your local health food store