Quinoa Side Dish
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
One of the world’s true super foods, quinoa is a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also a great source of fiber, iron, and magnesium.
|1 Tbsp. butter|
|1 cup uncooked NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|2 cups vegetable broth|
|2 tsp. chopped garlic|
|2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley|
|1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme|
|1/4 tsp. salt|
|1 small onion, finely chopped|
|1 dash fresh lemon juice|
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the quinoa and toast, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender.
- In a bowl, toss quinoa together with garlic, parsley, thyme, salt, and onion.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and serve.
5.6 g total fat
8 mg cholesterol
415 mg sodium
34.1 g total carbohydrate
3.5 g fiber
6.5 g protein
*NOW items available at your local health food store
Rate This Recipe