Bulghur with Pine Nuts
NOW employee, Rosemary Nisbet gives this recipe a “thumbs up”!
|1 cup Bulghur|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|4 Tbsp. chopped parsley|
|4 Tbsp. green and red peppers, chopped|
|4 Tbsp pine nuts|
- Stir bulghur into chicken broth and bring to boil, then immediately turn heat down to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté peppers in olive oil until tender--about 6 minutes--and remove to a plate.
- In the same pan, sauté pine nuts until toasted about; 4 minutes, watching closely, as they burn easily.
- Add to peppers.
- After bulghur is cooked, let set for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, remove to serving dish, stir in peppers and pine nuts.
- Stir in chopped parsley.
*NOW items available at your local health food store